Article 1 (Personal Information)
Personal information herein means “personal information” as stipulated in Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of May 30, 2003; “Personal Information Protection Act”) and means information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth or other description contained in such information or which includes a code with which to identify the specific individual.
Article 2 (Acquisition and Use of Personal Information)
The Company may acquire and use personal information of the persons within the scope necessary for the purpose below. If the Company intends to use the personal information beyond such scope, the Company shall obtain appropriate consent of the persons in advance.
- To contact our business partners.
- To provide our Services (the “Services”)
- To improve and refine the Services, or to develop new services
- To send notification of new functions or updated information of the Services, campaigns, etc. and other services the Company provides (including delivery of e-mails, flyers, and other direct mails)
- To inform the users of maintenance, important news, etc.
- To respond to inquiries to our company.
- To report to the users the situation regarding their use of the Services
- To request the users to answers questionnaires & questions on the Services, etc. or to attend events, or to report on the results of these, etc.
- To research and analyze the use history of the Services and to utilize the results for improvement and development of the services and for sending advertisement.
- For the purpose of reviewing and evaluating the eligibility of a person who is or will be an officer or employee of the Company (including employee, contracted employee, associate employee, temporary employee, seconded employee, and temporary staff).
- To contact candidates for employment and notify them of the results of the selection process, and to provide information regarding employment opportunities.
- To confirm information held on candidates who have applied for employment with the Company in the past.
- To manage and improve our recruitment process.
- To conduct business related to or incidental to each of the preceding items.
Article 3 (Management and Protection of Personal Information)
Personal information will be managed carefully and closely and will not be disclosed or provided to any third parties without the consent of the persons, except for the cases in the following items. Also, taking safety into consideration, we will take preventive and corrective measures against risks such as unlawful access to personal information, loss, destruction, falsification or leakage of personal information, etc.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned
- Cases in which we entrust the handling of personal data in whole or in part within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of utilization in order to implement our operation smoothly
- Cases in which personal data is provided as a result of the succession of business in a merger or otherwise
- Cases in which personal data is used jointly between specific individuals or entities and in which this fact, the items of the personal data used jointly, the scope of the joint users, the purpose for which the personal data is used by them, and the name of the individual or business operator responsible for the management of the personal data is, in advance, notified to the person or put in a readily accessible condition for the person
- Cases in which other laws and regulations permit
Article 4 (Entrustment of the Handling of Personal Information)
We may entrust an individual or a business operator with the handling of personal data in whole or in part, in which case we will examine their eligibility sufficiently, provide for matters concerning confidentiality obligation, etc. in contracts, and exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over the trustee.
Article 5 (Joint Use of Personal Information)
The Company will jointly use the personal information or other information of the users as below:
- The scope of the joint users: comicspace inc.
- The items of information to be jointly used: age range, sex, affinity category, purchase orientation, reviewed content, words for keyword search, access data, other situations concerning the use of the Services, etc.
- The joint user’s purpose of use:
- (1)To provide the Services of the Company or the services of the joint users
- (2)To improve and refine the Services or the services of the joint users, or to develop new services
- (3)To research and analyze the use history of the Services or the services of the joint users and to utilize the results for their improvement and development and for sending advertisement
- The person responsible for managing personal data to be jointly used: Helixes Inc.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
When we are requested by a person to disclose personal information, we will disclose it to the person without delay. However, in falling under any of the following items, we may keep all or part of the personal data undisclosed, in which case we will notify you without delay:
- Cases in which disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person or a third party
- Cases in which disclosure is likely to seriously impede the proper execution of our business
- Cases in which disclosure violates other laws and regulations
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- If personal information retained by us include wrong information, we will, upon the request of the person, correct or delete it in accordance of our procedures.
- If we decide that it is necessary to act in accordance with the request of the person in the preceding sub-article, we will correct or delete the personal information and notify the person of that effect.
Article 8 (Discontinuation, etc. of Use of Personal Information)
Where we are requested by a person to discontinue using or to erase the personal information (“Discontinuation, etc.”) on the ground that the personal information is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or has been acquired by unlawful means, we will implement necessary research without delay and based on the result, implement Discontinuation, etc. of the personal information and notify the person of that effect. However, in cases in which it costs large amount or otherwise difficult to implement Discontinuation, etc. of the personal information and in which we can take necessary alternative measures to protect the rights and interests of the person, we will take the alternative measures.
Article 10 (Compliance with Laws, Regulations and Norms)
We will comply with laws, regulations and other norms in Japan which apply to personal information we retain.
Article 11 (Response to Complaints and Consultations)
We will receive complaints and consultations of the persons as to how we handle the personal information and will respond to them properly and promptly. Also, will react properly and promptly to requests for disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, refusal of use or provision regarding the personal information, etc.
Article 12 (Customer Desk)
For inquiry concerning our handling of personal information, please contact as below:
Customer Desk, Helixes Inc.
Asakusabashi 1-chome 3-11, Taito-ku, Tokyo